Insider Preview Build 17672

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Same here..... relatively painless.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Looks like it is a good thing I did not stay in the Insiders program. According to the link I would not be able to use any of my VR stuff...

Reaction score
Installed 17677 ok but my sound card did not work. Wasted an hour trying to get this fixed to no avail. Went back to 17672. I will halt updates until this gets fixed.

Reaction score
What are the specifications of the computer? Is the sound adapter built into the motherboard or an add-in card? What shows in Device Manager about Sound?

Reaction score
PCI soundcard M-Audio Delta Audiophile 192 worked fine for years. Had to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode but has been working fine for many months until some joker messed up 17677

Reaction score
I dropped out of the fast ring, and only occasionally pop in to the slow ring.
<<<<just a reminder though. You are warned that , particularly in the fast ring, things may not work correctly. It is your decision to stay in there.
Just a guess, but, I would imagine that the hardware/driver developers begin to look at potential problems, probably about the same time as fast ring builds are released. That is, of course, why the warning and why things may take a little while to catch up..

Ask a Question