SOLVED Insider Preview Build 17723

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
AND
Build 18204 (19H1) to Windows Insiders who have opted in to Skip Ahead
So skip ahead is now open again

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-insider-preview-build-17723-and-build-18204/

Got the Skip Ahead version install and it took quite some time.
Gonna wait till tomorrow to do the Fast Ring version.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
I read on a Microsoft blog, that there have been several improvements to Windows Mail. Could an insider tell me if this is in any way significant.?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can't see anything that knocks my socks off, but.....
IF you give me some idea as to what to look for, I'd be happy to check it out.
OR maybe a link to the blog?

Reaction score
I downloaded 17723 on my insider machine. Downloaded fine but the install was very slow indeed. When it all came up I had to restart to get the conextant sound drivers...a regular thing now.
Updated Chrome to version 68. Laptop running very slowly with copies of a task System Reporting ... running and using 65% cpu between them. These tasks seemed to be part of Chrome. Deleted them and all is well.

A quick look and I could see nothing interesting to me in the build but it does look like the release is close and when it happens I'll give up the Insider thing again I think.

Reaction score
On my Insider machine I started downloading the new build but it is slow, very slow indeed. I have a CPU load of 99% , where Windows Update takes the cake at 55-60% but it still says downloading 2% and does not move on.
Although Network service runs at 45-50Mbps, the disk itself is only at 10Mbps.

Wow, downloading just jumped to 75% and climbing. Wonder what took it so long...

Reaction score
I have experienced that, lately, with the normal cumulative updates (not insiders) I think they have messed up something in the codeing and, although it is downloading, it is not recording it correctly.

Ask a Question