SOLVED Insider Preview Build 18358

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
March 15, 2019 2:02 pm
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18358 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18358/

Capture.PNG

Watermark and expiration date still absent.
Not sure if that means anything really.

If I had to guess, I'd guess we are getting close

Last edited:
Reaction score
Took a while longer than the 18356 but installed without problems. Since the watermark is gone, I am guessing, they are close to RTM unless they pull it again.....

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
We just crossed the mid-month point so I would expect things to heat up pretty fast.

Reaction score
OK. I ws tempted, as it seems to be getting close.
This time I decided to try out a dual boot with one of my existing Windows 10's and the latest insider.
Naturally, it took a while, as I had to rejoin the insiders again and go through all the update procedure. It all worked out well, with an automatic boot manager for both of the OS's. Absolutely no problems. At one stage, it said my (128GB) ssd was full and it offered to clear out the "old" OS. The SSD was far from full, so I ignored the request and the installation finished without further fuss.
Only problem is - can someone point me to any real differences wish have been accomplished over these past months? No "under the hood" comments.
It runs and starts at about the same speed as the earlier OS. Nothing significantly new, that I can see, in the start menu. I have read the odd comment that there have been significant changes for game players. That I can understand, as it seems that computers are changing into dual Office/game machines, with the emphasis on the latter.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep..... I believe you do.
I wasn't ignoring you nor do I believe was anybody else.
As far as most of us, normal everyday computer users might notice there's really not much to report.
Even with some attention to whistles and bells, not much to report, and.....
Definitely no WOW factor to report.

Remembering back in the beginning (when this forum was briefly called Windows 9 because nobody even knew the "plan")
I was excited about this OS.
Now it just seems to be getting bigger and bulkier and even some of the performance enhancements I noticed very early on don't seem quite as enhancing anymore.

Reaction score
I can only comment - Agree with every word! Long, long ago,an MS dedicated fan, I have slowly become very disillusioned. - Even once an MVP!
Tongue in cheek, I cannot help but view the last couple of years with a VERY cynical eye. The insiders, which is almost the whole of the computer interested world, have been conned into thinking what a magnificent and devoted task force are the MS programmers. Yet, after that time, I am sure most of us would have been happy to have accepted Windows 9/10 at its birth, with the normal acceptable bug fixing. Such action would have produced nothing more or less than what we are about to receive.
As mentioned casually in several previous posts, I am now playing with Apple and Linux products, from sheer boredom with Windows.

Last edited:

Ask a Question