SOLVED Install HDD issue?

Reaction score
Hello, I am hoping someone can assist me, I recently bought the ACEPC Mini PC, 8GB DDR3 256GB SSD, Intel Celeron processor, I also bought the Seagate 1 TB BarraCuda 2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive (5400 RPM, 128 MB Cache, SATA 6 Gb/s, Up to 140 MB/s, Model - ST1000LMZ48) although I have followed the instructions by connecting the cable on the inside to the HD but the drive is not appearing on the list or even being detected by the PC.

Maybe I am missing something here? Have I installed it correctly? Just the one connector to the HD, yes?

the reason I ask that is because on the HD there is a slot at the end of the block for what appears to be another connector, but where is the other one?

Thanks in advance for anyone's assistance.

Reaction score
Once again my hero Wolfie its all now sorted thanks to you!
I see a lot of posts on here from people saying they have moved Windows 10 to their HDD to speed up their C Drive and give them more space on C drive, is this advised? does it speed up C drive? is it wise to do it? and if so how do I do it?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I see a lot of posts on here from people saying they have moved Windows 10 to their HDD to speed up their C Drive and give them more space on C drive, is this advised
Back in the day, that would be a Yes....as there were no SSD's back then. So a lean/mean 250 GB HDD with just the OS, Office Suite and OS updates. Then everything else is saved to the secondary HDD.

Now days....SSD's are plentiful and way less expensive, everything is kept on the SSD C drive and deemed important data is saved off sysltem/site.....ie backup HDD's.

Reaction score
I don't recommend SSD's from Sandisk, I have had several fail on me after only a short time!. Maybe others have had more luck or those from my supplier were a bad batch????. :(

Reaction score
I don't recommend SSD's from Sandisk, I have had several fail on me after only a short time!. Maybe others have had more luck or those from my supplier were a bad batch????. :(
I read quite a few reviews (mainly good to great) before I bought the Seagate 1TB Hard Drive one, I have moved some files to it this evening and all seems well, only time will tell, thanks again Wolfie.

Ask a Question