SOLVED Install Windows 10 on an HP Stream 7 Tablet

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought I'd install Windows 10 on an old HP Stream 7 tablet which came with Windows 8 and has very limited storage space, which makes an in-place upgrade difficult (although possible). It's quite a poor tablet with a few hardware problems, but they were sold extremely cheaply a few years ago.

As it's not a straight forward process, I thought posting about the steps required may be useful to anyone else with this tablet - as it's so much better running Windows 10.
  • Make sure you have a USB OTG hub to plug in to your tablet (so that you can use a USB stick and a USB keyboard/mouse)
  • Download the latest Windows 10 ISO from this link (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10) and make sure to select the 32-bit version. You can either flash it direct to USB if you're using the MS download tool, or you can use "Rufus" (as long as you select the "GPT partition scheme for UEFI" option).
  • Plug the USB OTG hub, keyboard and bootable Windows 10 usb drive in to your tablet
  • Hold down the power and volume down buttons on the tablet when powering it on. This will take you to an options menu where you can press F9 to select your boot device.
  • Select the USB drive using the arrow keys and enter.
  • Voila! Your tablet will now boot to the Windows 10 installation wizard :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question