Is Malwarebytes totally free?

Reaction score
Malwarebytes is offered as a "Free download" or "Premium - Buy". Is the "Free Download" version time-limited, after which a fee is payable, or is it totally free for use for ever?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Totally Free forever. You can upgraded to the premium version anytime you desire, $29 for up to 3 PCs

Reaction score
I was lucky! I found two lifetime Versions of Anti-Malwarebytes on Amazon and bought them! When the Company changed hands, they tried every way on Earth to stop my Activation of the Lifetime Subscription. I was so angry I was ready to go to Court with them and when they saw I was serious, they had a change of heart. Perhaps it was the new Ownership, but someone decided to honor my Lifetime Subscription and after creating Two email folders with my Proof of Purchase, purchases saved from Amazon, and all the refusals to activate and all the discussions to activate, the new Ownership stepped up and I can deactivate my Malwarebytes and reinstall it. If I don't re-activate it within a certain length of time, Malwarebytes will activate it for me.
I don't know why anyone would take three hours for a computer scan with Malwarebytes. After the initial scan, Malwarebytes gets faster and faster. I always have a less than three (3) minute scan for a Full System Scan with certain folder set to ignore-like Windows Defender- and there is no better Security than Malwarebytes. It is now a FULL SECURITY SUITE-not a first anti-malware program who only grabs the newest malware and works well with almost any other protection program, but stands alone and will whip another Program like AVG Internet Security! They also notified me that with each of the two Lifetime Licenses, I can "Share" One with another device" They now have the Worlds Best Support Team! The only thing they lack is the Tracking Cookies Scan! I have mentioned this to them and they say they will bring this up with the Tech Dept-NEXT MEETING! Now if you can top that let me know ASAP! I just use CC Cleaner to remove the Tracking Cookies
I support Malwarebytes all the way!

Reaction score
Malwarebytes is offered as a "Free download" or "Premium - Buy". Is the "Free Download" version time-limited, after which a fee is payable, or is it totally free for use for ever?

Thanks.
Either way you wish. a Free Version remains free, and the Premium is a 14 day Trial of the BEST

Reaction score
Malwarebytes used to be a good program. But not anymore. I will only use it as an on demand scanner now. I won't let it run all the time on my computers even though I have the paid version. Every update of Malwarebytes causes new problems. Once it expires I will not be renewing.

Reaction score
It is a very good malware removal program, but you should also have a regular malware check. Yes it offers both free and paid version.

Ask a Question