SOLVED Malwarebytes discontinued JRT

Bif

Reaction score
That's a shame, it is a damn good program..will peruse Mambams recommendations.
Cheers for the heads up!

Reaction score
Agree! It got me out of trouble twice. I still use it, it's just that there will be no more support. BTW I did pursue Mambams recommendation.

Bif

Reaction score
I actually use JRT and thier recommendation of AdwCleaner..I'm covered!

Reaction score
Late for the show! I wasn't even aware of JRT.
I will continue to use Malwarebytes Free, as my backup to defender. It has proved itself for me. Doesn't get rid of "junk", but that is not its intention. I use Ccleaner for that task.

Reaction score
Late for the show! I wasn't even aware of JRT.
I will continue to use Malwarebytes Free, as my backup to defender. It has proved itself for me. Doesn't get rid of "junk", but that is not its intention. I use Ccleaner for that task.
That's not really what AdwCleaner does. It gets rid of browser junk. Toolbars, PUPS, and stuff like that. It's a 2nd/3rd line of defense. It more works like adaware. And Malwarebytes bought them out a while back. It's not a program you install either.

Reaction score
Sorry. Is that relevant to my post or a misquote?
Malwarebytes gets rid of pups (by choice) I have no idea what AdwCleaner is .

Reaction score
Sorry. Is that relevant to my post or a misquote?
Malwarebytes gets rid of pups (by choice) I have no idea what AdwCleaner is .
I did misread it a bit, but they work against the same threats. They are meant to catch stuff Malwarebytes and your AV don't. Also more meant to run when you already suspect your PC is infected. Both have been around a long time, and neither work like CCleaner. Totally different tool.

Reaction score
I am, unfortunately, a dedicated and obsessed tester. This thread drew me in.

I ran Ccleaner. Usual results. I did not run the registry cleaner.

Ran ADwCleaner three times, with the requested reboot. Each time, although I complied with the request to clean, it did not clean three Pups, which it discovered in the registry - not unexpected, I test plenty of third party progs, which often have a dirty uninstall..
Ran Malwarebytes (Free). It found the same Pups and, on request, cleaned them.
Ran ADwCleaner again and it, then, found nothing.
I think it is possible that Ccleaner, if I had selected the option, would have found the registry Pups

I don, on principal, normallyy interfere with the registry, except to manually remove uninstalled third party progs from the "Software" section.
So, my own conclusion is I'll stick to what works for me.
Needed to add: I noticed on the bottom of the Malwarebytes ADware was a recommendation that you try Malwarebytes free!

Last edited:

Ask a Question