Malwarebytes

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I know we have some malwarebytes premium users on this forum.
Today, I started having some issues with the program.
A recent update to the program mb3-setup-consumer-3.3.1.2183-1.0.262-1.0.3791 seems to have a memory leak and slowly consumes most if not all of my memory resources until the computer becomes unusable

Anyone else notice this problem. It seems to be related to the "Web Protection" component not starting properly and not able to start (just says starting) when attempting to start manually.

I've gone so far as to uninstall and reinstall only to arrive at the same place.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Tried reaching their support site without much luck

Capture3.PNG

Maybe the problem is more serious than I think.

Reaction score
Have had this happen on all 3 of our computers today. malwarebytes says web protection not enabled, try to turn it on, says starting but never does then after a while the screen goes black and a hard reboot is needed.

All 3 were fine yesterday.

Sam

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks..... I actually found it here
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/219918-ram-usage-what-is-going-on/ (33 pages of posts regarding the issue)
AND performed a re-install and then had to force an update from within the program to 3.3.1.2183-1.0.262-1.0.3803
That seemed to resolve the issue
Would have been nice if they would have just released that as an actual installer download instead of requiring that we install a broken program first and then manually fix it from within the program.

Bif

Reaction score
I have the trial version for another 3 days and have also noticed this.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep...... I believe the "trial version" as long as it has not expired, works pretty much the same as the actual licensed version.
So I would expect the problem to be present in that version as well.

Reaction score
MAMBAM "Sorry to hear you were affected by an updating issue.
There was a certificate issue on an update server that caused other update servers to not work for a few hours. This has been corrected now for a while. Are you still having an issue with updates?

It hit my Grandsons machine and mine around noon (5PM GMT) what havoc it created, our machines were useless, Black screen, slow, error messages si host.exe "System error, could not allocate additional memory", graphics card driver failed to start...

Thanks to the MAMBM team who had all resources working on the problem. Grandson said that apparently the update error only affected the Premium users. What a morning.:rolleyes:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The download on their site is now updated.
Thanks Rich, but I just now attempted to grab it and according to this

Capture.PNG

It appears to still be the same download I was offered earlier and not the .3803 version that addresses the issue.
I guess it depends on the CDN and which Content Delivery Network resource it getting updated, in what order geographically.

I'll try again later or tomorrow.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.
Just did another manual check from within the program and got that one too.

Capture1.PNG

I also checked back with their CDN download and found out that in fact Rich's earlier post about them updating what they were offering does reflect mb3-setup-consumer-3.3.1.2183-1.0.262-1.0.3803 now, so....
All is apparently good with MBAM for now.

Reaction score
Have had this happen on all 3 of our computers today. malwarebytes says web protection not enabled, try to turn it on, says starting but never does then after a while the screen goes black and a hard reboot is needed.

All 3 were fine yesterday.

Sam
had same thing my pc finaly crashed,the restore usb wouldn't boot,could't fix now back to w7 all started with malwarebytes!

Reaction score
Only just joined the site and come across this thread. I had the Premium version installed and my computer became unusable and wouldn't boot. Ended up reinstalling Windows twice. Reading this I now realise that it may have been Malwarebytes that was causing the problem. :(

Reaction score
Hi

I couldn't get this to work for several days on both of my computers.

Then I found that I needed to go into Malwarebytes settings and turn ("Automatically Receive beta versions of Component Updates and Full Releases") to ON.

Then I rebooted my computer and it's worked fine since.

Mike

Ask a Question