Is Windows Security blocking VPN websites & TOR browser?

Reaction score
Hello

Since moving from using "F-Secure Safe" to using Windows Security / Windows Defender, I can suddenly not longer use TOR and all VPN websites that I have tried (e.g. NordVPN, ProtonVPN) all seem to blocked.

How can I regain my privacy?

J

Reaction score
Both Tor and VPNs are safe networking tools made to guard your online anonymity. So I will explain you which is best.

There are many similarities between a VPN and the Tor network, yet they serve different purposes.
Both make use of proxies, which serve as relays for internet connections. This makes users difficult to track by hiding the user's actual IP address and location from outside parties.
Additionally, they both employ encryption, which muddles the contents of data transported to and from the internet so that anyone who intercepts it cannot decipher it.
What distinguishes Tor from a VPN, and which should you use?
In theory, Tor prioritizes anonymity whereas VPNs emphasize privacy. Although there is considerable overlap between these two ideas, consider that anonymity conceals who you are while privacy conceals what you do.

Ask a Question