Is Windows vista still good to use?

Reaction score
Hey Defender1,

I this is a desktop I would suggest dual booting using two separate hard drives.

Unplug the existing Windows hard drive.
Connect the hard drive you are wanting to install Linux onto and install Linux.
When finished power off and reconnect the other hard drive.

With both hard drives connected power up and see if you get a menu to choose which OS / Hard drive to boot from.
OR
Enter bios and choose which hard drive will be first boot.

Dual booting is always less problematic when using two separate hard drives from my experience.

PoorGuy

P.S. I remember this from when I was a child my parents and grandparents always used it.
Thirty days has September, April, June and November. When short February’s all done, all the rest have thirty-one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unplug the existing Windows hard drive.
Connect the hard drive you are wanting to install Linux onto and install Linux.
Hi poorguy,

it won't install Windows bootloader in GRUB if they do that?.

Reaction score
Hi poorguy,
it won't install Windows bootloader in GRUB if they do that?.
Hey Wolfie,

When I power up I get a boot menu and from there I choose what OS I want to use.

When both hard drives are connected and then you install Linux is where I've seen what you are saying about Grub not loading Windows boot loader.

Reaction score
When both hard drives are connected
Hi poorguy,

I was confused by you saying remove the one hard-drive and installing Linux on the other, during the Linux install; the GRUB manager would only find the Linux HDD and not Windblows!. :D:D:D

Ask a Question