Issue following win 10 upgrade. Constant reboots over and over

Reaction score
I am having an issue following an upgrade to windows 10 from win 7. I see the vaio logo then laptop restarts again and again and again in a constant loop. Have tried recovery tool on f10 and f2 bios but not able to recover files and keep getting an error on recovery tool. Cannot get boot manager or advanced boot options as it wond load to this screen so safe mode etc not an option. I want to recover my files and then do a factory reset on recovery tool but I can't get the files to my drive. It's recognising the drive fine and will transfer via custom option but not the full c drive. Any help extremely welcome.

Reaction score
Ally, I cut and pasted this from another site:

Although Windows 10 offers a lot of cool, new features, it is still in its testing phase, and it could bring some problems, as well. In this article, we’re going to show you what to do if the fresh installation of Windows 10 forces your computer to reboot constantly.

Probably something in boot process is causing the problem, so to solve this issue, you have to stop the rebooting first, and then fix the boot process problem. To prevent your computer from further restarting, continuously press F8 before the Windows logo appears. Press F8 until the boot menu shows up, and choose Safe Mode. Once you boot your computer in Safe Mode do the following:

1. Go to Search, type sysdm.cpl, and open sysdm.cpl
  2. Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery
  3. Uncheck Automatically restart
  4. Click OK and reboot your computer
This probably won’t solve your problem in first place, but it will give you something to work with. Next time your computer restarts, you’ll probably get BSOD (blue screen of death). You can use the message or the error code you get from blue screen to search the internet and find the further solution.

There’s also a possibility that some of your programs is preventing Windows 10 from normal booting due the compatibility issues. To check if such a program is installed on your computer, boot in Safe Mode (as described above), go to Search, type and open MSConfig, go to Startup tab and uncheck all programs that start automatically when you boot your PC. If you’re able to boot normally after that, experiment a little in order to find which program is causing troubles, and uninstall or disable that program.

I hope some of these solutions helped you to solve the restarting problem, if you have any suggestions or comments, please reach the comments section below.

Ask a Question