Issues with some Sticky Note shortcut keys

Reaction score
Hi, I’m experiencing some difficulties in utilizing some of the shortcut keys/commands for Sticky Notes in Windows 10. In researching on the Internet, t’s confusing to me if some (or all) of the Sticky Notes shortcut keys from Windows 7 carried over to Windows 10, but no all? For the most part, most of the Sticky Notes short cut keys/commands works accordingly except for the text alignment short cut keys. I.E. CTRL + “L” (left alignment), CTRL + “E”, (center alignment), & CTRL + R (right alignment) I cannot get to work. Which, really bugs me! To many this may seem incidental, however within one of my Sticky Notes I can really utilize the right alignment short cut key.

Any advice/suggestion would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
39-members viewed my post & not 1-member replied back? What is one to think:

1. My question is too stupid for a reply?
2. Nobody has a answer to my question?
3. Or what?

I'm not trying to be smart or make any waves here, just asking. Just now out of the corner I noticed up top it says "Unwatched Thread." Can that be why I received no replies & how did my thread become an unwatched thread?

Reaction score
just asking. Just now out of the corner I noticed up top it says "Unwatched Thread." Can that be why I received no replies & how did my thread become an unwatched thread?
Please disregard this question. Now, I do sound stupid!

Reaction score
39-members viewed my post & not 1-member replied back? What is one to think:

1. My question is too stupid for a reply?
2. Nobody has a answer to my question?
3. Or what?

1. Not stupid for a reply at all
2. most likely, I know I cannot answer that question as I do not use "sticky notes"
3. maybe??

but to answer your question, one has almost have to have the same setup as yours to be able to recreate your issue. As I understand your system is an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10,right??
Maybe that is the reason, nobody can answer that cause most people here have meanwhile done a fresh install of Windows 10 after the free upgrade period, myself included (was forced to do it).

Reaction score
....of the Sticky Notes shortcut keys from Windows 7 carried over to Windows 10, but no all?
Sorry, I must have interpreted the opening post wrong. If the upgrade had been done from Windows 8.1 I really can not help you as I never have used Windows 8.1 . Though I heard it was suppose to be similar to Windows 10 (like Windows 7 was to Vista).
Maybe somebody else has an idea on how to help you...

Reaction score
Maybe somebody else has an idea on how to help you...
Please know how I appreciate you following up with this thread & understand your limitations Although you made a good suggestion. A) you were the only member who replied to my thread & B) I don't know how to repopulate this thread to get other's ideas.

Reaction score
I checked the version of Sticky Notes that installed with my Win10 and those 3 shortcuts did not work. There didn't seem to as much control available in SN like in NotePad which is intended to be simple.

Reaction score
I just tried it on my PC and the shortcuts did not work either. It seems the sticky notes in Windows 10 lack formatting in a big way...
maybe that is why I never used it.......

Reaction score
I prefer shortcuts keys over mouse or touchpad. I know many useful windows shortcut keys but from past 7 days i am facing a strange problem. I have acer inspire 3765 laptop, it has own dedicated button for mute. But now this button is not working. Can somebody tell me hot keys to mute/unmute my laptop.

Ask a Question