Issues with some Sticky Note shortcut keys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by djclntn10, Dec 16, 2017.

1. djclntn10

djclntn10

Hi, I’m experiencing some difficulties in utilizing some of the shortcut keys/commands for Sticky Notes in Windows 10. In researching on the Internet, t’s confusing to me if some (or all) of the Sticky Notes shortcut keys from Windows 7 carried over to Windows 10, but no all? For the most part, most of the Sticky Notes short cut keys/commands works accordingly except for the text alignment short cut keys. I.E. CTRL + “L” (left alignment), CTRL + “E”, (center alignment), & CTRL + R (right alignment) I cannot get to work. Which, really bugs me! To many this may seem incidental, however within one of my Sticky Notes I can really utilize the right alignment short cut key.

Any advice/suggestion would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

djclntn10, Dec 16, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. djclntn10

djclntn10

39-members viewed my post & not 1-member replied back? What is one to think:

1. My question is too stupid for a reply?
    2. Nobody has a answer to my question?
    3. Or what?

I'm not trying to be smart or make any waves here, just asking. Just now out of the corner I noticed up top it says "Unwatched Thread." Can that be why I received no replies & how did my thread become an unwatched thread?

djclntn10, Dec 20, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. djclntn10

djclntn10

Please disregard this question. Now, I do sound stupid!

djclntn10, Dec 20, 2017
  4. djclntn10

Grizzly

1. Not stupid for a reply at all
    2. most likely, I know I cannot answer that question as I do not use "sticky notes"
    3. maybe??

but to answer your question, one has almost have to have the same setup as yours to be able to recreate your issue. As I understand your system is an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10,right??
    Maybe that is the reason, nobody can answer that cause most people here have meanwhile done a fresh install of Windows 10 after the free upgrade period, myself included (was forced to do it).

Grizzly, Dec 20, 2017
  5. djclntn10

djclntn10

No, that is not true. I believe it was upgraded from Windows 8.1. May that be the same as Windows 7?

djclntn10, Dec 20, 2017
  6. djclntn10

Grizzly

Sorry, I must have interpreted the opening post wrong. If the upgrade had been done from Windows 8.1 I really can not help you as I never have used Windows 8.1 . Though I heard it was suppose to be similar to Windows 10 (like Windows 7 was to Vista).
    Maybe somebody else has an idea on how to help you...

Grizzly, Dec 20, 2017
  7. djclntn10

djclntn10

Please know how I appreciate you following up with this thread & understand your limitations Although you made a good suggestion. A) you were the only member who replied to my thread & B) I don't know how to repopulate this thread to get other's ideas.

djclntn10, Dec 22, 2017
  8. djclntn10

Bighorn

I checked the version of Sticky Notes that installed with my Win10 and those 3 shortcuts did not work. There didn't seem to as much control available in SN like in NotePad which is intended to be simple.

Bighorn, Dec 22, 2017
  9. djclntn10

Grizzly

I just tried it on my PC and the shortcuts did not work either. It seems the sticky notes in Windows 10 lack formatting in a big way...
    maybe that is why I never used it.......

Grizzly, Dec 22, 2017
  10. djclntn10

katappapande

I prefer shortcuts keys over mouse or touchpad. I know many useful windows shortcut keys but from past 7 days i am facing a strange problem. I have acer inspire 3765 laptop, it has own dedicated button for mute. But now this button is not working. Can somebody tell me hot keys to mute/unmute my laptop.

katappapande, Sep 5, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question