Issues with Sticky Keys

Reaction score
I'm physically disabled & use a head-pointer/stick to type on my computer. Therefore, I use Sticky Keys a lot. I'm noticing quite a difference with using Sticky Keys in Windows 10 vs. previous versions. Now it seems that I need to double click on a Stick Key (Shift, Alt, & Ctrl) in order for me to execute a command. It mainly deals when it comes with SELECTING TEXT & occurs in all apps (Notepad, Word, StickyNotes, etc. & in Excel) when selecting multiple letters/Words/cells. It's not an issue with Office, but with I think Windows 10. Allow me to give some examples:

In Word/Notepad, etc.:
-When I wanted just to highlight just 1-character I would just hit Shift once & hit the Left/Right arrows.
-When I wanted just to highlight just 1-word I would hit Shift + Ctrl once & hit the Left/Right arrows
-When I wanted just to highlight just a line I would hit Ctrl + PgUp/PDn

In Excel:
-When I wanted just to highlight just want to click on 2-cells I would only need to click on Shift + Directional Arrow Keys. Now, if I wanted to select multiple cells in a Column/Row then I would needed to double click on Shift + Directional Arrow Key.
-If I was on cell C6 (in Excel) & wanted to highlight cells from C1 to C5 across I would just Crl + Home.
-If I was on cell C6 (in Excel) & wanted to highlight cells from A1 to C5 across I would just Crl + Up.

I would hope that I'm making some kind of sense here & I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advanced!

Ask a Question