SOLVED iTunes unresponsive

Reaction score
Yesterday I updated my iTunes to 12.10.4.2. on my PC. I had great difficulty closing the program. Today I am unable to open it. I did, apprehensively at age 85, look on Task Manager where itunes.exe was labelled 'disabled' and wondered if I should click on 'end process' or whatever but this produced warning notes so I cancelled that action. Help needed, please!

Reaction score
Hi Jacspear,

open Task Manager and look at startup options and see if ITunes is disabled there, if it is, enable it and log out and back in again. :)

Reaction score
Many thanks - I finally plucked up the courage to follow your suggestion and iTunes is running again.
Something a little odd is happening but I haven't worked out what is is yet and may be linked to iTunes on my iPad. Somewhere along the line i got a message error 0x81000006, which may suggest a missing driver.

Reaction score
Sorry but I can't help you with ITune error messages as I have never used it!. :)

Could you please mark the thread as solved so it helps others if you are happy with it now. :)

Ask a Question