SOLVED Alternative to iTunes?

Reaction score
Hi, in the past, I used to be able to buy individual tunes from iTunes. Then I was able to download and add them onto a DVD or flash drive. It was great. Now it seems that this has been discontinued. I still like the old fashioned downloads. Is there a website where I can do the same thing? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I do this for my wife from time to time.
I generally purchase my music (individual tunes or complete albums from Amazon
I just download them to my system and then put them on her MP3 player that she listens to when flying (nervous flyer).

I don't know about burning them to a music CD as that seems counter productive with the MP3 player options available but....
IF I was pressed to do it, I would probably just use Windows Media Player (native to Windows 10) to make an audio CD.

Pretty sure that once you've purchased them legitimately their yours to do with as you wish, excepting redistribution and sales.
Although there may be some DRM restrictions on some music that might come into play when you're producing an audio CD as you are in effect changing their file format from .mp3 to .cda

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, in the past, I used to be able to buy individual tunes from iTunes. Then I was able to download and add them onto a DVD or flash drive. It was great. Now it seems that this has been discontinued. I still like the old fashioned downloads. Is there a website where I can do the same thing? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
You need to put your selected songs in a playlist, then you can save them to CD or iPod so you can probably save them to a USB as well.

Reaction score
You can also use Youtube video to MP3. This takes the song in the Youtube video and makes it a MP3 sound file and you can copy it to any device.

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion. It sounds like this is exactly what I'm looking for. Will give it a try tonight.
Thanks again!!

Ask a Question