Alternative to MS Office

Reaction score
Hello all, thanks for having me to Win10 forums, I just upgraded to Win 10 :)

I very rarely used the office package in Win 7, only the Outlook to keep emails in one place.

What is the best free alternative to Office I can use on Win 10 64 bit?

TIA
Neil

Reaction score
If you use the online Outlook, then the choice is wide. My own recommendation would be Ableword. It has nearly all of the MsOffice functions, and is even quite efficient at opening PDFs.
However, if you want to keep MsOutlook on as a desktop application, then I am afraid you are stuck with Office, as it is an iintegrated part.

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the recommendation.
With Outlook it does not need to be MS, something that I can manage multi-email address's in one place?

Reaction score
The built in "Mail" os OK, but rather basic.
Otherwise, the best one I have tested is EM-Client
http://www.emclient.com/

The free version will only accept two different accounts.
Thunderbird is normally recommended by most,. I have never tried it.

Reaction score
Thunderbird is reliable and can do multiple different mail accounts. I have been using it for 10 years +

Mailbird looks good as well.

Reaction score
I used LibreOffice for 10 years ...the years when the only way to get Office was to buy it outright. Now I subscribe to office on a deal for 5 installations of which I only use 3 but we still use Thunderbird for email.

Reaction score
LibreOffice is great, haven't had any issues with working with Microsoft Office files with the only exceptions being there is nothing in LO to compare with Outlook E-Mail Client or with Publisher. But then Publisher is usually included only with the topmost/costliest version of Office.

Ask a Question