Alternative to Linux Mint (feren OS)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know that there are several Linux Mint users on the forum so, as an alternative to Linux Mint, you can check out feren OS which uses Linux Mint as its base:

https://ferenos.weebly.com/

I haven't tried it myself yet but it looks promising!. :):):)

Reaction score
As you guessed, Wolfie. Been there done that. IT is, for once, really a Windows look alike. Anyone who wishes to migrate can easily move to this one.
I had some probs with the download, but got it in the end. I understand, fro my homework, that the author has take n a step back, in ordwr to improve on a few minor problems, but all looks aok

Reaction score
HI Dave,

I tried it out in the meantime, apart from the fact it doesn't handle *sound/microphone/WiFi on my new surfbook, it does look really good, I will give it a spin on my HP PC and see how it works on that!. :)

*Might be due to proprietary hardware although the WiFi adapter is from Broadcom and most of them work with Linux!. ;) I only ran a live USB stick !. :)

Reaction score
I have been running it , since, and I now see it is another adaption from Linux mint - but a good one! On a (Dell) laptop, all functions are working.

Reaction score
The author of the Linux variation states in one of the links on his site, that he is active studying, or something like that, and only has time to work with the OS weekly (or less)
I don't see it as a big deal, for anyone interested in the project. It will only become a problem if there is something really serious.

Ask a Question