Just install window 10 problem

Reaction score
Just installed win 10 after installing it home page just flashes could stop it plus when I try to typing in address box lower right corner I could ind do it. I turn off computer a couple time I would have to sign in then it would go yo win 10 home screen then to my old windows desktop screen then start flashing.After doing this for awhile.I could just turn computer on and HP slash screen come on and then showing a screen that asks me to choose my keyboard layout which does not respond to my input devices. When I manually power the computer off and back on, Windows says it's starting an automatic repair, then brings up the choose my keyboard layout page again. I can't get past it.

I loaded Win10 from the download and this computer didn't come with OS disks for Win7, so I have no DVD to boot from. I am going to be very upset if I have to buy an OS disk, reformat and lose all I have stored, It's an HP Pavilion it is about four years old), has a quad-core processor.

I cannot get Win10 to go into safe mode from this configuration. As soon as Win10 starts running, it just stops seeing that my keyboard is there at all, so F8 and/or Shift-F8 have no effect -- Windows never sees any input device is there from the time it starts its automatic "repair". That when choose keyboard layout page stays locked.
Try pressing f11 for the HP system recovery when startup splash screen came on / black screen came out with boot manager is missing Press ctrl+Alt+Del back to keyboard layout page.
Please help I don't want to have to reformat and lose everything, or have to pay a repair shop to restore it. Don't have lots of $$$

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As soon as Win10 starts running, it just stops seeing that my keyboard is there at all, so F8 and/or Shift-F8 have no effect
F8 and Shift F8 doesn't work with Windows 10.
If you are stuck in a startup repair loop then this might not be helpful but a trick for getting into safe mode is.

Boot into the Windows 8 Recovery Environment either by using a Recovery Disk that you've made, or the original Installation Media.
Choose Repair, Advanced Troubleshooting, Command Prompt and type
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
reboot your PC and tap the F8 key (no shift key required) and it should work for you as it has in the past.

Probably, a more appropriate question might be....
Are you using a wireless keyboard and or mouse?
Do you have any USB Dongles (Bluetooth, or other RF or IR wireless) attached.
If so, maybe get back to a wired USB Keyboard and a wired USB Mouse, along with a Monitor and that's all. No additional KVM switches or other peripherals attached.

Reaction score
Thanks! Using a wire keyboard & Mouse . Dont have boot disk. Can't boot up by pressing F8 at all. I guess off to the repair shop .unless you know of a way b I can download a boot disk.

Ask a Question