[HELP] Problem while installing Windows 10

Reaction score
I download the setup to install win 10 from the windows website and I already prepare everything on my current Win 7 Ultimate necesary to upgrade to win 10 and when I finally run the setup it say I need to activate my current windows first, but the thing is my windows is already actived. I can't proceed before I solved this problem so help me solve this please

13301478_1161143140602620_4692753512441511328_o.jpg

Regedit32

Reaction score
I see in your image your system is part of a Workgroup.

Windows 7 has a limit of number of pcs it can be activated on. Have you all ready activated this on anothr computer previously?

Have you made any hardware changes recently? That too can affect activation.

I assume you have Windows 7 with at least Service Pack 1 the minimum requirement for upgrade to Windows 10.

The ISO you download needs to match what you are upgrading from, thus in your case you'd need Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

Note if you have exceeded activation limit for your Windows 7 you may need to purchase a new license in order to upgrade, in which case you probably are better of just purchasing Windows 10 and doing a clean install instead.

Ask a Question