Keeping windows 10 after factory reset

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a laptop with windows 8, 3 years ago. I updated to windows 8.1 and then updated to windows 10 when we had this upgrade to widows 10 button in the taskbar. Some problems happen occasionally and I have to factory reset which goes back to windows 8. But now there is no button to upgrade. I saw 2 options on windows' site, some kind of assistance update software to update to windows 10 and it worked every time. MY question is, is my windows 10 the same with my first time(with the update button) and with the software I downloaded. And will I be able to do that for life. Right now my laptop is broken and its going back to windows 8 when I it.

Reaction score
Have you tried Windows advanced options and resetting Windows 10?
You would be wise to download windows media and create a Windows 10 ISO image. Burn the ISO image to a disk or thumb drive for future clean installs of Windows 10. In answer to your question "Yes" with a Windows 10 install disk you can install Windows 10 anytime on the Laptop as it's already registered with MS.

Ask a Question