Kernel-EventTracing error

Reaction score
With the update to 1709 (Fall Creators) this error pops up after each boot...

Session "" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

SFC shows no integrity violations. CHKDSK is clean.

Though the error is likely benign, I'd like to get rid of it - not simply disable the log file. Suggestions?

Reaction score
Thanks. I had seen that. ."This article addresses only this specific error that occurs when NIC Teaming is being used." Doesn't seem to apply as I believe that NIC Teaming is not in use here on a desktop PC.

Perhaps a simpler route is to disable Kernel-EventTracing logging via a right click in that branch of event viewer. But, of course, that only masks the error.

Regedit32

Reaction score
What is your current Desktop setup?

Are you using a server?

What edition of Windows 10 are you using? Home, Professional etc...

Reaction score
W10 Pro Desktop, no server. No changes in hard/software since earlier W10 incarnations. This error appeared for the first time after the 1709 update (from 1703), which was performed twice to make certain that there was no installation problem.

Just incidentally, 1709 wiped out several programs, which were reinstalled, and possibly changed some printer configs. That was not the case with prior updates.

Ask a Question