SOLVED SynKernelDiag not needed

Reaction score
Good evening. SynkernelDiag just showed up today.... how do I get it to stop . Thanks so much!!!

Regedit32

Reaction score
  • Press Windows key + S together to give focus to your search field
  • In the search field type command
  • In the search results locate and right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  • When the User Account Control prompts you click Yes
  • Now in the Administrator: Command Prompt window type or copy & paste the following:
    Code:
    reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SynTP\Parameters\Debug /v DumpKernel /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f

Press your Enter key to execute the above command:
  • Next type exit then press Enter key to close the window.
  • Close any other open applications then restart computer for changes to take affect.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Dynah,

make and model of your computer would help!. ;)

Is this for a laptop with touchpad mouse?. :confused:

For example, Lenovo support and look for newer drivers?:

https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/ :)

Asus:

https://www.asus.com/support/# :)

HP:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en :)

:)Good Day Wolfe, Just learning:cool:... thanks for your kindness. My laptop is a HP 2000, with a touchpad mouse. It just all of a sudden started with the SybKerneDiag thing... I am sure you're used to this:rolleyes::D. My first experience. ;) So I took your hint and went to HP support... a whole new awesome world. Any other suggestions, I sure would appreciate your doing so.
Thanks from my corner of the World,
Dynah

Reaction score
HI Dynah,

did you not follow @Regedit32's instructions?.

Windows key > type "cmd" > right click > open as administrator > enter password > copy & paste the command below > press enter > type "exit", press enter and restart PC:

reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SynTP\Parameters\Debug /v DumpKernel /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f

You might want to copy the command from Regedit32's post above!.

cmd.JPG

Left click button top left > Edit > Paste:
cmd 2.JPG

Cmd window with pasted command!.
cmd 3.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Greetings Gents, I'd have to admit, I :( sadly didn't read Sir @Regedit32's input. I was hard at work when he posted. Yet Gladly:D I am here to report, that before I came to the grand land of Windows10forums, I had spied a site that, just before coming here in the first place, and did what it said....so didn't even get to test if it had worked or not. Til I got on my computer later last night. :cool: What it said to do, was to hit ctrl alt And the letter "L'... and Guys, it worked. I humbly thank you for all your kindnesses not just for me, but for all those you have helped over the years. :rolleyes: Rest well in KNOWing You Are Really Appreciated. Shalum Shalum
Dynah
ps I will of course hit the "solved" button on my way out ;) and Who Knows I just might be back. :oops:o_O

Regedit32

Reaction score
Nice one Dynah.

I'm glad you solved your problem.

Thanks for sharing how you solved it.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Greetings Gents, I'd have to admit, I :( sadly didn't read Sir @Regedit32's input. I was hard at work when he posted. Yet Gladly:D I am here to report, that before I came to the grand land of Windows10forums, I had spied a site that, just before coming here in the first place, and did what it said....so didn't even get to test if it had worked or not. Til I got on my computer later last night. :cool: What it said to do, was to hit ctrl alt And the letter "L'... and Guys, it worked. I humbly thank you for all your kindnesses not just for me, but for all those you have helped over the years. :rolleyes: Rest well in KNOWing You Are Really Appreciated. Shalum Shalum
Dynah
ps I will of course hit the "solved" button on my way out ;) and Who Knows I just might be back. :oops:o_O
Dynah, I had the same issue today your solution of SynkernelDiag showing up on my Lenovo laptop. Your soludtion of typing ctrl-alt-L did the trick. Thanks!!!

Ask a Question