Kernel-PnP issue

Reaction score
Several months ago my Windows 10 upgrade stopped downloading photos from my iPhone. The PC checks out current with all updates and the phone shows it is connected and operating as it should. After searching around in my device manager I found notice of an incomplete installation and the following notation:

Log:

Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Device Configuration

Source: Kernel PnP

Event 10: 410

Please assist in resolving these issue.

Reaction score
How are you connecting your iPhone .. wired? Do you get the "Trust this computer" message on the phone when you connect?

Where in Device are you getting that message? Does Event Viewer show anything around the time you try to connect?

Reaction score
Hi Saltgrass,

Tough to describe this without screen captures but here goes.

My Apple iPhone is connect to my PC via the Apple adapter cord to a USB port.

In the past (since this photo downloading issue has come up) I haven't received the message of "do you trust this computer". Instead my photo downloading program, Nikon Transfer, opens up but it cannot be activated. It responds like the iPhone which opened it isn't connected.

To be sure the iPhone was working properly I went to Device Manager and double left clicked on Apple iPhone. I got this message: "This device is working properly." I then went to Apple iPhone Properties. Under the subheading of Events I found that the devise was installed on 10/31/16. The next event was on 12/20/16 which was to delete it. (I was probably trying to, get photos to download at this time and deleted the installation.) Then on 3/1/17 "device install requested." Nine seconds later the following is noted: "Device installed (wdpmtp.imf)" Beneath a box containing the previous information is another box with this message; "Device USB\VID_05AC&PID_12A8&MI__00\0 requires further installation"

Somewhere else I came up with this info:
Log: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Device Configuration
Source: Kernel PnP
Event ID: 410

Hope this makes some sense to you. Thanks for your help.

Dave

Reaction score
When I plug my iPhone in and check the properties/Events it states the following. The Device Deleted entry was 2 hours prior to my plugging it in.

Device Deleted
Device Configured (oem9.inf)
Device started (USBAAPL64)

OEM9.inf is an Apple USB install file. The real name of the file is usbmux64.inf
So I can copy files but I do not use any utility to do so. The description if the device is different. Where they agree up to 12AB, mine shows 12A8\ followed by bunch of numbers. I am using an iPhone 6... I am running the latest version of iTunes..

Ask a Question