to even log on to windows I have tried 3 differant keyboards
and even the onscreen keyboard if I hit the p it brings up a
projection screen, if I type a g it brings up a box that has
a 1 on it, if you hit the backspace it changes desktops, and
other very strange things but this is the worst ever. I've
been working on windows meny years and never seen anything
like this HELP and thanks

Reaction score
The first thing I check right after pulling the power cord out of the computer and restarting is to check that the keyboard is plugged into a USB 2 port [black center]. The BIOS on the motherboard has support for USB 2 but usually not USB 3. After the Operating System loads there will be USB 3 support.

Have not seen such problems as your key 'mixups' but maybe a different language is involved?

Notebook keyboards without the number pad can use a key press to change their function to get the number pad, such keys will be marked with the same color as the Fn key. On my Notebooks that function doesn't use the same keys you mention, all are in a group on the right half of the keyboard.

Reaction score
Possibly a stuck Windows key. If it's a laptop and you can't get it unstuck, you'll have to open it up and unplug the built-in keyboard. If it's a desktop with a wireless keyboard, be sure to disable the wireless keyboard completely before plugging in another one.

Ben

Ask a Question