Help with the Task View keyboard shortcut

Reaction score
When I hit WINKEY + TAB, instead of launching Task View my pc changes Keyboard Language instead. I must have created this custom shortcut in the past, so how can I disable it now?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I suppose you could start by checking here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Language\Advanced settings
You should see a link in the middle "Change language bar hot keys"
And at the bottom a link that says "Restore defaults"

This is assuming you didn't use AutoHotKey or another third party program to swap the default keyboard shortcuts.

Reaction score
I suppose you could start by checking here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Language\Advanced settings
You should see a link in the middle "Change language bar hot keys"
And at the bottom a link that says "Restore defaults"

This is assuming you didn't use AutoHotKey or another third party program to swap the default keyboard shortcuts.

Hey Trouble, thanks for your prompt response.

I checked in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Language\Advanced Settings where i found the 'Change Language Bar Hotkeys' and at the bottom I found and clicked the 'Restore Defaults'

Pressing the 'Change Language Bar Hotkeys' brought up a window where the Here the 'Key Sequence' 'Between Languages' is set to Ctrl + Shift, however, when I try them in a Word .doc, nothing happens. The only way to change input language is the WINKEY + TAB !

I also checked my Downloaded Programs but cant find any Hotkey third party program.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I can only assume that your keyboard is not functioning properly then.
If it's a laptop you may need a driver from the Computer manufacturer or for that matter even if it's a desktop keyboard you may still need a driver depending on what kind of keyboard it is.

Reaction score
I can only assume that your keyboard is not functioning properly then.
If it's a laptop you may need a driver from the Computer manufacturer or for that matter even if it's a desktop keyboard you may still need a driver depending on what kind of keyboard it is.

Got it, you're pointing me in the right direction, must be another Driver issue with my SVZ1311C5E VAIO and it's custom drivers. I just resolved a more serious Touchpad freezing problem, so I know where to look now
Thanks

Ask a Question