Keyboard weirdness

Reaction score
Here is a funny one. Could not log on to w10 today...bad password. Finally go on using the onscreen keyboard.
My PC uses a Logitech Unifying kb. After some checking, started notepad and typed and I found:

Bottom row of kb zxcvbnm actually appears as bxcvznb so no m. and misplaced z I know of no kb that would do this so I plugged in: The original USB kb that came with the PC. No change. An ancient MS KB ( so old it still had the purple PS/2 plug) No change. Rebooted including unplugging the power to ensure the mobo was reset. No change. Installed French and the AZERTY kb no change. tried SFC /scannow. Checked for malware. Nope. I had taken a full backup just after installing W10 so I am now restoring that.

I suspect some bug in W10 or maybe an app that was not updated from 8.1

Restore done...I will see if it is fixed.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
What's the actual make/model of your Logtiech keyboard? Have you tried installing the driver/software package for it. I'm using the Logitech G510 and I had to reinstall the driver/software package for it.

Reaction score
K520. After my previous, the restore finished and the kb just would not work. used the on screen and logged in. Used Logitechs s/w to re-pair the mouse and kb. did not work. Reset the KB by removing and replacing the batteries and it works.
BUT that does not explain the behavior...if it was just Logitech then the other kbs should have worked.

Anyway one thing this proved nicely was that the PAragon s/w reccomended by Trouble works really well.

Ask a Question