Keybordselection screen

Reaction score
Hi all
After 2weeks that I installed windows 10 i wake up and i see keybordselection screen, i chose the language and it broght me to the next screen.
1. Go to windows 10
2. Fix problems
3. Turn off

I tried everything nothing worked. After that i reinstalled windows and it logged in but verry slow. I checked Task manager and i seen that the Disck usage is on 100% .
Can anyone help me pls ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
After that i reinstalled windows
How did you "reinstall windows"?? As an in-place upgrade repair, a custom clean install, or something else?
It is not unusual to see a good bit of disk activity following an install or an upgrade, for a good period of time.
I'd suggest letting it settle, sort out its' indexing, prefetching, and whatever else might be going on behind the scenes.
After a while you may want to .....
1. Manually check for any pending Windows Updates, there may be some downloading in the background already or you may have some pending restarts waiting.
2. Depending on how you re-installed, some fragmentation may be present if you're using a conventional spinner hard drive, you may want to manually run defrag (optimize) a couple times and let it sort out where things are as compared to where they need to be.

Reaction score
Hi Trouble
I tried repair so i can still have my documents, the screen froze and nothing happend. After 15min i restarted the computer tried repair so that i lose my documents nothing helped.
then i Reinstalled my windows took longer then normaly, Once i was on the dekstop the computer was super slow. I opend taks manager and i seen that my hard disck ussage is 100% for a 500Gb SSD hard drive that i find verry strange.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Did the SSD come with software that allows you to configure the drive for various settings, like "Best Performance"
I know my Samsung SSD came with Samsung Magician and when I use it to configure the drive it turns off some Windows features like Prefetch / SuperFetch as well as Write-Cache Buffer Flushing
Additionally make sure that you've reinstalled your chipset drivers as well as any storage controller drivers that the Operating System may need in order to function properly.

Reaction score
It camed with a Disck Samsung Solid State Drive One stop install navigator manual and software version 4.5.
I never used the disck. since the IT man from the store that i bought said i just plug in my SSD and install the windows. and that is what i did, worked fine but after 2 weeks i got this problem.

Reaction score
For me to install that i need to succed to install windows on my dekstop. Atm i am using my old laptop.
I try to install the windouw but it can't detect my SSD hard drive .

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reinstalled my windows took longer then normaly, Once i was on the dekstop the computer was super slow. I opend taks manager and i seen that my hard disck ussage is 100% for a 500Gb SSD hard drive that i find verry strange.
I was under the impression that you had reinstalled Windows already.
So how are you attempting to get Windows installed on the SSD? Do you have installation media on a DVD or USB ThumbDrive?
it can't detect my SSD hard drive .
Does the system BIOS see the SSD?
Did you install the SSD or did the machine come with the SSD?
Do you have the original drive that the system came with?

Reaction score
I bought the USB 2weeks ago and i got it in for of a USB.
I installed the windows but after i seen that the Disck ussage 100% was i restarted the windouws. And it blocked again at the keybordselection then repaire section of the windouws.
My computer was build pice by pice by my brother that passed away lasth month. And my computer is 3-4years old.
And the BIOS detects my SSD when i chose boot priority it detects it but when i try to install it it doesn't .

Reaction score
I think that Windows doesn't recognised it cuz when i try to repaire the computer, and re-set up my computer it says that the one station partition is missing. How do i remake the partiotion of the 100Mb that the systeem needs for windouws.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I bought the USB 2weeks ago and i got it in for of a USB.
Why are we talking about a USB (anything) now. I'm confused.
Is the drive controller mode set properly?? Usually AHCI although sometimes SATA or SATA/IDE or Native IDE might be required on older motherboards not sure about one that is potentially 4 years old but perhaps if you can tell us the specifics on the board someone might be able to help.
I'm not sure why.....
IF you already had Windows 10 installed on the SSD, why it wouldn't be recognized as a potential installation resource now, all of a sudden.
Have you changed the SATA port that it is connected to?
Have you inspected and confirmed that the data and power cables are connected firmly at both ends?
If there is nothing on the drive that is of any importance, then....
Boot from the installation media and at the first page where you choose a keyboard, hold Shift and strike F10
In the command prompt Window type
Diskpart and hit enter
type
list disk
hit enter

Reaction score
Ok i placed the old cable back in and Bios works faster (loads ) and windows recognised the Samsung SSD harddrive. And installed it fast (as it should). It restardted and i removed the USB -windouws. and rebooted settings from Samsung and not from USB it Started scanning and repairing Drive D

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Be aware that some SATA cables have locking clips at the end and it is very important that you depress them when disconnecting a drive to avoid damaging the data connection.
When you use the DiskPart utility as I described above does it list your SSD among the attached disks?
Is it disk zero (0)?
Is there anything important to you on the disk?

Reaction score
After finishing and repairing Driver D
All is Installed and working perfectly :D thx for guidance :)) happy that people like you are there to help people who are not that experienced.
Thx a lot

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just glad to hear that you managed to get it all sorted out.
Thanks for the follow-up.

Ask a Question