Laptop monitor works but shuts off

Reaction score
I just updated to Win10. The second day into it my laptop monitor shuts down and windows only recognized my second screen. I have tried everything I can think of and find on the web.

It is not a back-light issue because the laptop works fine until windows comes up. Then it goes dark, and only my secondary screen will work through my VGA connector.
All I can find are people that have issues with win 10 and not finding secondary monitors. but that is not my issue.
This is so frustrating!!! If I cant get a fix ASAP I WILL uninstall win 10. and go back to win 7.

I run a Toshiba Satellite L775. I has been a great laptop until now.

Please help me.

Davethebrave
Thanx

Reaction score
My honest advice would be to just go back to Windows 7. That is what I want to say, but it's probably not what you want to hear. So, I think I've experienced your issue, and it is indeed focused around Windows 10 Problems. Hmm, have you tried changing a few ports around? (You see, I know this friend, Carly. She has a problem too, but she somehow had the ability to take apart her Laptop without problems. I have no idea if all Laptops are D.I.Y accessible. Who knows... but I recommend rather (A) Going back to Windows 7 (B) Try to refresh the Power button (C) Seek more help from other users. I'm sorry I couldn't be as helpful as you may have wanted. I'm not so sure on what to say, on what to include on how to fix this problem of yours. For me, it's not really my specialty.

Reaction score
I am having similar issues with updating from windows 8.1 to win 10 which I did yesterday. My issue is that the desktop does not load and all I have is a black screen. I have had to do a total reset and reinstall all my third party software. this is a real pain and reminds me of Vista and win8 updates.

Ask a Question