SOLVED Laptop slower with every update

Reaction score
Why does my laptop slow or come to stand still with very update or when Defender runs...I have 4gb of ram but this has never been a problem before, but just recently, it practially stops.FireFox runs 5 and Edge is running 12 processes?.

Screenshot (407).png

Reaction score
Seeing has i can't edit my post for some reason, Opera has 14 open and Firefox 10. Firefox seems strange as of late, it will block cross track cookies but there's no way to to block third party ones on this laptop. This proves a problem with the google sign in pop on most sites and firefox is the only one that lets it through..So that's two problems.

Reaction score
Windows slows down significantly during automatic updates since they consume 100% of the PC's processing power.

Reaction score
I had a feeling it was the updates..but I maybe the updates and defender together doesn't help. Unfortunately I was told that when I took my laptop in, that it can't have extra memory put in it.

Ask a Question