Libraries have split apart and are not in uniform as they should be.

Reaction score
Hi,

On my Desktop PC underneath 'This PC,' you can see that all of the libraries are in uniform underneath each other. (As shown in my first screenshot)

For some reason (and I cannot remember how I did it) my libraries are not shown uniform on my laptop. They are shown in fragments of each other with many documents, music, pictures folders etc. instead of just one uniform folder. (As shown in my second attachment.)

Apart from reformatting the PC or doing a system restore (that are out of the question at present), can anybody tell me how I get all the folders into their respective main folder? In other words, in uniform on my laptop PC as they show on my desktop PC?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

HB

Attachments

• Desktop Computer.png
    Desktop Computer.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Laptop Computer.png
    Laptop Computer.png
    352.7 KB · Views: 142
Reaction score
The first image appears normal for the Quick Access. The second image tells me the folders are on an External USB Western Digital Elements HDD. If that is correct it may be difficult to set a permanent view.

Reaction score
No, I am not talking about quick access. I am talking about the way the libraries are set on the left-hand side navigation pane. On top of each other on my desktop (first attachment) this is how it should be.

On my laptop (2nd attachment) they are all fragmented and not as they should be as shown on my desktop (first attachment).

I need to know how I get all these folders back within one common folder that relates to the kind of files that are in it? ie: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos etc.

Just to point out, there are no other drives connected to either of these computers.

Any ideas?

HB

Reaction score
Sorry to have assumed Elements label of the F: drive referred to the brand and model used by WDC.

Ask a Question