Use of libraries to locate subject folders

Reaction score
(I have 2 other Pcs on Win 10 but my main pc was on Win 10 but then lost its links to Settings and I had to revert to Win 7.) As I have numerous subject folders, because I have long used these for keeping track of files, and have not found the search facility to be reliable enough for finding files, I need to know how I can configure Win 10 to display my subject files. I might add that I am presently holding off downloading Win 10 for this, my main PC, until I can straighten out my presently lost stored Windows Live Mail emails, which I have wanted to keep for research purposes. For now I want to ensure that I can retain my subject folders if and when I upgrade to Win 10 again.
AllanB

Reaction score
Hello AllanB,

Have you fixed your Live Mail problem yet? If not, I can tell you how I fixed mine. I just went to Programs and features, found Windows Essentials, double-clicked and chose the Repair option.

Cheers! Allan10

Reaction score
Hello AllanB,

Have you fixed your Live Mail problem yet? If not, I can tell you how I fixed mine. I just went to Programs and features, found Windows Essentials, double-clicked and chose the Repair option.

Cheers! Allan10
Thanks, Allan10. During the action you suggested the Repair presenter stopped at 68% and said the Repair had encountered something unexpected and any changes might not have been saved but then went on to finish, and although the missing emails didn't appear I used the Find facility, which brought up some of the missing emails, so perhaps I can continue searching for the more important emails I am trying to recover. Cheers. AllanB

Reaction score
AllanB,

In addition to running the repair, I had to going into Livemail -> Options -> Mail -> Advanced tab and re-select the path to my 'Live Mail' folder, then all my mails were back. You managed to find some emails, so you likey found your 'Live Mail' Folder? Maybe just take a look to see where the app thinks your mail is...

In my case, I had moved my Live mail folder off my SSD system drive. Actually the Win 10 update assumed I wanted to rebuild my life on the tiny SSD, and ignored a few of my user folders on D:.

cheers, allan

Reaction score
AllanB This may help.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/recover-personal-files-from-windows-old-in-windows-8/
If the upgrade is more than 28 days old the backup folder C:\Windows.old will unfortunately have been automatically deleted. I don't understand why Microsoft did that, they could have left the option up to the users. Good luck!
Thanks, Norton. I tried that but unfortunately there is no Windows.old folder. (My then Win 10 was reverted by the Microsoft Help Desk, who took about 2 hours continuously to revert to Win 7! I have used PCs for about 26 years and during this time have continuously run Norton antivirus programs, currently Norton 360, on all of my computers, and my systems currently seem to be free of malware. Thanks again for your interest. Cheers. AllanB

Ask a Question