SOLVED Live Movie Maker Security Warning?

Bif

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing this when opening Movie Maker?...I wonder if something was corrupted during the upgrade?..is it possible to uninstall and reinstall Security Essentials? I've noticed an MS
Untitled.jpg
"FIXIT" tool as well,does anyone have any stories using it?

Reaction score
Mine opens fine.
You can run the repair option.
Programs and Features > right click at Windows Essentials > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair.

Bif

Reaction score
Mine opens fine.
You can run the repair option.
Programs and Features > right click at Windows Essentials > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair.
Ran it and it still spits out this damn warning...will hang out with my friend Goggle and see what's up..not an isolated incident from what I'm reading so far.

Reaction score
I'll be damned.
How come you guys always have problems with Win 10 and I rarely get one remotely significant ?
I am jealous . :)

Bif

Reaction score
;)...if I encounter any more...I'll be more than happy to share!

Bif

Reaction score
I realized I was still running Essentials 2011 so I updated to 2012 and the warning still remains..the only possible fixes so far include deleting registry files and I ain't going there.

Reaction score
What kind of 3rd party security/anti-virus program are you using ?
It is possible that it is getting to intrusive.

Bif

Reaction score
Just Defender and Malwarebytes installed but that's an on demand program.. I may try to ad MM to the exclusion list and see what that does.

Reaction score
I don't think that is the answer because I have the same security setup as you have....... WD for Real time and Malwarebytes for On-demand.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It seems to be an explicit "Windows" security warning.
Is it possible that the current "Project" or your "Last Project" contained video from an external resource external to your machine.
Sometimes the warning means what it says, sometimes they are just a nuisance

Bif

Reaction score
It seems to be an explicit "Windows" security warning.
Is it possible that the current "Project" or your "Last Project" contained video from an external resource external to your machine.
Sometimes the warning means what it says, sometimes they are just a nuisance
Good call,I'll look into that..or simply ignore it as it's like you say simply a pain in the ass pop-up..

Ask a Question