Losing Administrative Privileges although user is an administrator

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Windows 10, I first noticed that every time my laptop reboots, I have to go back in the control panel and redo all my custom settings. I don't use the tap, scroll or resize function on my touchpad and each time my laptop reboots, I have to go back in and shut those features back off again.
Then I started noticing that I was getting the popup message more and more that I need to permit administrative access when I'm trying to do something. I only have one user on my laptop and it was given administrative privilege from the start. Never had any problem with access or privileges until the 10 upgrade.
Next I started getting errors when trying to convert files from one format to another. The error would tell me that the file was copy protected even though it wasn't. I get similar errors when trying to do something as simple as changing the tag info on mp3 files.
Now the latest is that I can't even launch iTunes or a few other programs. I get an error saying the files were installed to a folder I don't have access to. I installed these programs with the same user account that I'm trying to launch them with. I had access to those folders when I installed the programs and now all of a sudden I don't have access to be able to run the program.
When I go through file explorer and look at the folder rights, almost every folder has the Read Only square colored in. I can remove this and wait for it to remove it from all the sub-folders but as soon as you close the property box and go back in, they are all read only again.
It's almost as if any changes that are made aren't being saved. It also seems to be getting worse as time goes on. I seem to be losing more privilege as time goes on.
I've read that OneDrive may be the culprit but I've had that shut off for quite some time. I've disabled so much of the garbage in the task manager startup and still nothing seems to get better. When Windows was first created, it was supposed to make things idiot proof and so much easier for users than DOS but with each version, things get worse and more complicated to fix. I'm a Technology Director and I can't even handle this crap anymore. Microsft - little hint for you from an old school person...... KISS - if you don't know what that means then ask an old programmer. Just like with cars, Microsoft has made windows so ridiculously complicated that hardly anyone knows how to fix anything anymore.....even the people who designed and created this crap. Doesn't look like Windows 10 went through very thorough testing before being shoved down everyone's throats.

Ask a Question