Loss of history in email files

Les

Reaction score
Having switched from Windows 8 to 10 I find that most of my files have either no history of saved items or very limited history going back only a month or so. Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Had a similar issue, although it showed up when I had my system restored by Geek Squad to 7. I finally figured out that if I went into FOLDERS, then went to GO TO suddenly all my old folders showed up (I keep all my emails in folders like 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, etc by year). What I was especially anxious about was KEEP, since that is where I keep vital stuff... Thankfully it was all there, just a real booger to find!

Reaction score
They seem to have just dumped a lot of things without warning, Norton's passwords. Norton, Ie favorites, Email accounts, I feels as if I'm in some kind of soak/ test site now trying to find where they put stuff without a map. :(

Reaction score
Les. We are discussing Email files here??

Which Email program do you use?

Reaction score
Had a similar issue, although it showed up when I had my system restored by Geek Squad to 7. I finally figured out that if I went into FOLDERS, then went to GO TO suddenly all my old folders showed up (I keep all my emails in folders like 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, etc by year). What I was especially anxious about was KEEP, since that is where I keep vital stuff... Thankfully it was all there, just a real booger to find!
I forgot to say that I use Windows Live Mail... not sure if that is what is on question here for 10 (not finding stuff was another issue why I panicked and went to Geek Squad for help)...

Reaction score
Les. Is that you Internet program, or you Internet provider?

Do you use Live Mail?

NMS

Reaction score
Do I really have to go and pay someone so that I can see my email history?!
Why can you not just tell me where the settings are so that I can synchronise my mail history beyond 1 month?

Ask a Question