SOLVED Lost email and contacts in upgrade

Reaction score
please help. I have updated to windows 10 from windows 7. I have synced my pop email account with the new outlook account but it has not bought across any contacts or old emails. I account settings I have checked 'change mailbox sync settings' and checked the 'download emails form anytime'. but still nothing. If I cant recover these I will need to revert back to the old (I don't know how to do this either). all advise appreciated. thanks

Reaction score
Is it Microsoft Outlook [part of Office] or Outlook.com [replacement for Hotmail.com]? If it is Microsoft Outlook was it reinstalled? Can you find a *.pst or *.ost file on the computer? An Upgrade from Win7 or Win8/8.1 to Win10 usually doesn't affect installed programs such as Outlook.

Reaction score
Is it Microsoft Outlook [part of Office] or Outlook.com [replacement for Hotmail.com]? If it is Microsoft Outlook was it reinstalled? Can you find a *.pst or *.ost file on the computer? An Upgrade from Win7 or Win8/8.1 to Win10 usually doesn't affect installed programs such as Outlook.
thank you. it is found and all is great. thank you for your help. it's only easy when you know the solution.

Ask a Question