Lost Email Tiles (Icons)

Reaction score
I'm new to Forums, so forgive me if this is not the correct way to do this.
Just upgraded to Windows 10 and I don't seem to be able to find the Tiles/Icons to open up my emails I use both Outlook and Yahoo and they were both easily accessible through the Tiles before I upgraded.
What can I do to restore them?
Cheers Eamonn - A Windows novice

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Outlook would typically refer to Office Outlook. A standalone software program for managing email often contained as part of the Microsoft Office Suite.
If you had that installed prior to the upgrade then it should still be listed, minimally under the all apps menu.
Yahoo on the other hand might more typically suggest a web / browser based email (although it could certainly be configured within Outlook as well).
Click start, click all apps, scroll down and click Windows Accessories and then click Internet Explorer.
Type www.yahoo.com into the very top URL address bar and hit enter.

Reaction score
MS Outlook , the desktop program in Office, or Outlook.com on the web?

Reaction score
Thanks for our suggestion, I think I may have resolved the issue. I clicked start, scrolled down to all apps, right clicked om mail and pinned it to the task bar. Not sure if that's the correct way or whether it will be fully functioning, but it appears to be working o at the moment
Cheers

Reaction score
Not my favorite program. In fact I don't use it. But did it had automatically set up your accounts! I find it lacking in options, but that makes me want to have another look at it.

Reaction score
Now that I've found the icon and been able to open my Yahoo mail I note that the only folder with any content is the inbox All the other folders appear to be empty, even after syncing
Not sure what to do next

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Anyone who is using Mail?
Sorry..... no. Like others, I've found in lacking in features and I'll continue to trust my mail, calendar and contacts to the real "Outlook".
Personally, I think I would rather just use the web / browser interface if my only other option was the new "Mail" universal app.

Ask a Question