Lost Password Needed For Recovery Environment

Reaction score
Last Night I installed a Driver Update App from the Windows App Store. It proceeded to replace my Acer Monitor driver.

Now Windows 10 won't Start. It goes into a Analyze Screen displays an Error with a .sys file and Reboots in a loop When I press F9 to enter RE any recovery option asks for my password. I've been logging on with a PIN and forgot my logon password

I ONLY HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET VIA ANDROID PHONE & TABLET THROUGH VERIZON FIOS WIFI ROUTER.

HELP!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Man I hate third party Driver Update software
With no idea what your actual password might be, you're are going to have to boot the computer, independent of the OS.
That is going to require installation media. Do you have it?
In advance, you need to determine the actual name of the driver file that is causing the problem, then you need to go to
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers find.... whatever.sys and rename it to whatever.old
Typically I do this by booting to the media and using the advanced troubleshooting options to launch a command prompt.
You might also consider a Linux Live Distro on DVD or USB TumbDrive if you can get your hands on one.

Ask a Question