SOLVED Lost video while working, but I can see in safe mode

Reaction score
Asus p8p67 deluxe with Asus 6970 graphics card, system working fine for years and rarely gets shut down. Was working and stepped away, returned and wiggled the mouse to wake up, screen came up for a split second then went black, screen backlight still on. I had this set up to not update video drivers as that was problematic in the past, but figured maybe an update had somehow bypassed that. I managed to get into safe mode and I see the driver is correct under properties. I was thinking the card was bad but does the fact that I can see low res graphics in safe mode mean it is not bad?

Reaction score
It can certainly still be bad. Re download the drivers from AMD. Uninstall the present ones and try reinstalling. That will at least eliminate the possibility of it being a driver issue.

Reaction score
After further work I was never able to get that far- the card failed completely on the next attempt. I was able to get another card and install it and all is well now

Ask a Question