LOTR Battle for Middle Earth Access Violation Error

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a brand new gaming computer with Windows 10 and have been trying to run LOTR Battle for Middle Earth which is a relatively old game from the Win 2000/XP days. The game loaded fine but when it tries to start up the game it fails and comes up with the following Exception error:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access. Access address 0x000e9fb8 was read from.
77dbe48b ntdll. dll+0x2e48b, RtlSizeHeap+0x295b

Can anyone give me advice on how to make it work. Please keep in mind, I'm not a computer wiz so I need simple instructions. Thanks!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
An "Access Violation" error would probably indicate that there are some files that are either a product of the game installation that you need and do not have both read and write access to, or a temp file that may be created as you play the game and where ever that file is being created you may not have both read and write permissions to that folder / directory.
In order to properly diagnose the problem you would have to have some knowledge of where those files and or folders reside so you could set the appropriate permissions for your User Account.

Perhaps the game manufacturer has a support forum that could better provide you with some information as to what is needed to address your specific problem.

Ask a Question