Macrium Reflect, is it worth to buy and if so which version?

Reaction score
Macrium Reflect, is it worth to buy and if so which version?

I purchased a new laptop recently, coming with Windows 11 pro. The ssd (NVMe) was a bit too small (correction: way too small) for my purpose. So I bought a 2TB NVMe M2.2280. The idea was to use the bigger one to install Windows 10 and then Windows 11 after that on a 128GB partition each, the rest of the drive was reserved for my data. I tried to install Windows 10 and was successful but had a lot of unknown devices on it, The install of Windows 11 22H2 ran into a roadblock as an active internet connection was needed during install (apparently Windows 11 did not have the network drivers included : Intel WLAN driver) and stopped the install. I went around that and did install Win11 21H2 first, then upgraded to 22H2. Worked fine so far but had a lot of small partitions around both systems. So I decided to clone the original NVMe that came with the laptop. This is currently work in progress.
I tried to clone with my Acronis 2014 but it refused because the original is an encrypted c: drive. Macrium was not complaining at all.

I was so impressed with the Options Macrium reflect (my free version) that I would be happy to purchase the program. I have seen Versions for Home and Workstations as well as servers (which I can rule out I guess).
Which version would you recommend and why??

Looking forward to read your responses

Grizzly

Reaction score
If the PC is used as a Home pc then that (Home) version of Macrium would suffice Imo.
Workstations I would expect to be for pcs in a work environment.
For me the extras like Incremental backups, delta restore & Image guardian are worth upgrading to the paid version.
I’ve never looked back since I originally purchased & the license for the particular version is lifetime.

Reaction score
I just needed to restore a system on a different SSD and Macrium tells me that ALL my system backups are corrupt??
What's up with that??
Believing that my regular backups will help me restoring in case of a failure, I have to believe that Macrium did not do its job.
However, it does clone my system to another SSD (fully functional).
Not sure if I may have made a mistake by using a SSD as backup drive instead of a HDD.

Anyone else experienced that problem??

Reaction score
It seems like that Macrium (and Acronis) do not like to make the image onto a SSD. I let both verify the Image after creation and both failed on the SSD but not on the HDD. I do not know how to explain that.

Ask a Question