Make a CLEAN install of WIN 7 Ultimate

Reaction score
Hi
I am not pleased with WIN 10 and I would like to make a clean install of my old Win 7. I have win 7 CD and product key and also the product key for the Win 10.
DO YOU THINK THAT IT COULD BE POSSIBLE ?
I hope for the best.

Regards
Staffan

Reaction score
Of course you can reinstall Win 7 Ultimate if you have the installation disk and its product key.
That's what they are for.

adding : Use the Win 7 Ultimate product key.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks
I am now back in Win 7 Ultimate on my pc. It suits me better than the win 10.

I bought a pc to my wife from GB and it was Win 7 Prof , english version on that.

We succeded to upgrade to Win 10 and also could change language to Swedish.
Now is my wife not so pleased with the Win 10.
I therefore would like to answer if it could be possible to install a swedish version of Win 7 PROF and then activate with the activation Key that came with the english version of Win 7 prof ?

Regards
Staffan W

Reaction score
First, go back to your Win 7 Swedish version.
Yes, you can then use the same product key, Provided you can get a Win 7 Pro Swedish version with the SAME bit version as your English version.

Question is : where can you get a copy of Win 7 Pro Swedish version without paying for it nowadays ? Websites that used to provide free Win 7 iso downloads have been taken down long ago.
If you pay for it, it should have its own product key. So, your question will become moot. Furthermore, make sure what you pay for is a genuine copy, not counterfeit. There are many of those in the Online purchase websites.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know Swedish.
However, from little I can get from your link, it only applies to a RETAIL version of Win 7.
Yours is an OEM version. It came pre-installed with the computer.
If my interpretation is correct, it is not going to work for you because it will reject your product key.

Try it and prove me wrong.
I would love to know the result too.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know Swedish.
However, from little I can get from your link, it only applies to a RETAIL version of Win 7.
Yours is an OEM version. It came pre-installed with the computer.
If my interpretation is correct, it is not going to work for you because it will reject your product key.

Try it and prove me wrong.
I would love to know the result too.
Thank you.
I've had the opposite work. I've used a retail version to reinstall on a PC with an OEM key, and it worked fine. Not sure if it works the other way around.

Reaction score
Why not install the English pro version and then download a Swedish language pack.

I did this in order to have a dual computer language in Danish ( from the original English) One or two minor errors in the interpretation, but nothing serious.

Control Panel - Language - Add a language.

Reaction score
davehc,
The OP's wife started with a Win 7 Pro English.
Now she wants a Win 7 Pro Swedish.

Only Ultimate and Enterprise can install Language Packs.

That is the problem.

Ask a Question