SOLVED Botched a clean install of windows 10, might have killed laptop

Reaction score
Im an idiot.

So I bought a Satellite L55W-C5252 a few years ago. It had windows 10 on it. Didnt do a clean install of windows.

Jump to today and its acting like shit. However I bought a Windows 10 Home edition that I installed on my desktop last year. I figured I could use that installation USB on the laptop. Had problems getting it to run so i changed 2 things. Had to change the boot order to boot from usb firsr, and had to change a UEFI boot type to like some CE...cant rememeber what its called.

It wouldnt let me install 64bit (endless loop of loading files) so i try with 32bit install and finally get to the windows installation. However none of the partitions will let me install windows. So i delete all of them until i have just one. When i try to install to that partition i get error 0x80070570.

I try booting the laptop normally and of course it doesnt work. Please help. I dont even know what to google and i know i screwed up a dozen times.

Reaction score
Hi Ryanfitchca,

you can overwrite the USB stick no problem, just run the tool on a different PC/laptop!. :)

Ask a Question