Windows 10 Clean Install

Reaction score
Hi, tried to download windows10 for a clean install because my computer crashed I downloaded windows10 and it asked for my activation key which began with an 0 but will not allow zeroes to be used this was a free upgrade and the code was given with the upgrade even my daughters starts with a zero.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Bill

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Download the ISO from here...https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 . Use the MCT download button and follow insurrections. Use either the DVD or USB method, either one is fine. Then do a clean install with the newly created install media. Now, the key to this is; when your presented with the window to input key, skip it. Go through the rest of the instillation. Once installed and it's rebooted it should activate automatically.

Reaction score
To add: the activation should take place if connected to the Internet or when next connected.

The Digital Activation of the edition of Win10, Home or Pro [or maybe other] will be recognized. The original Upgrade from Win8/8.1 or Win7 was based upon the edition installed at the time. Leastways that's always the way it has worked for me.

Ask a Question