Now Available: Start fresh with a clean install of Windows 10!

Reaction score
Only for Insiders. I would not use that. I'd wait until Anniversary is RTM and then see what is offered.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Agreed.
Besides.... I think, IF I want a clean install of Windows, I'll do it myself.
The tool might be handy for some folks and I can certainly understand why Microsoft might be making it available, given all the issues we've seen and heard on the forums regarding the upgrade(s) and subsequent attempts at repairs, resets and reinstallations.
Sounds like it basically, downloads the latest installation media for you, then wipes or resets your current install and then performs a clean install of the latest version available.
Might be nice if they had something similar that you could boot from and run against a PC that wouldn't boot, was hung or looping. Maybe they could embed the tool as a feature piece of the "Reset" option when you boot from the installation media.

Reaction score
^The tool does allow you to keep your personal files, no programs or aps. To replace your files/personal tales what 5 minutes or less..

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So basically it's a reset with Keep personal files only option, that auto downloads the (maybe) latest installation media (at this point in time only the insider preview, which may or may not be the latest build).
I can see the benefit for someone wanting to clean the computer completely (including personal files) on something that they were planning to sell, give away or gift to someone else......
When the tool is fully developed and available to use in such a manner.

Ask a Question