Media Creation tool for 1809 available again..

Reaction score
It appears the files are from 10/29 so these must be later than the 10/2 initial release. I have not yet installed it so not sure what version number it will be.

I have not yet seen it on Windows Update.

Reaction score
The MCT for the October update is the same one they had before they pulled it (1809.17763.1)
Its even the same size. I am making a new ISO and will test install it on my test laptop to see which build they actually have released.

I had my test system already upgraded to 1809 and the latest update worked without any issues. I wonder why they released two CU's to day for the 1809 : KB4464455 (17763.107) and KB4467708 (17763.134).
Ah well, since KB4464455 is included in KB4467708, who cares, right??

Reaction score
I updated one system with the download and it installed as .107 then the cumulative bumped it to the same as the earlier upgrades.

I still have two systems which are waiting for the Windows Update version.

Reaction score
I just finished a fresh install on my test system. Here as well it started as 1809.17763.107
I am thinking that MS will roll out the upgrade slowly this time

Reaction score
The tool isn't working, I needed a copy of 1809 this morning but it returned an error code after starting it once downloaded!. :(:(:(

Reaction score
The tool isn't working, I needed a copy of 1809 this morning but it returned an error code after starting it once downloaded!. :(:(:(
You might want to wait a little. Everybody now wants to have the newly released version and it is quite normal that errors happen. might want to try it at night time although it might cause an error as well cause I AM downloading :D:D:D

BTW: the new MCT works as well as the old one cause they are the same. I made an ISO yesterday and got lucky without errors of any kind....

Reaction score
Alrighty then, I will give it another go right now, I hope you are right as I have a PC to do and I will have to install 1803 and update that if it doesn't work. :):):)

Edit: Nope, not working here in Germany for some reason?????. :mad::mad::mad:

download error.JPG

I will give the following a go later:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ws-media/e080a73f-8c55-40f2-b04d-4bc4263bde92

:):):)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just finished a fresh install on my test system. Here as well it started as 1809.17763.107
I am thinking that MS will roll out the upgrade slowly this time

To update to version 1809 use this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 or whenever you download windows 10 with the MCT (and update and/or do a fresh install) and the OS build is not the latest then go to this Microsoft link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4464619 and download the latest and appropriate version and/or OS builds that you are missing, simple:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
To update to version 1809 use this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 or whenever you download windows 10 with the MCT (and update and/or do a fresh install) and the OS build is not the latest then go to this Microsoft link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4464619 and download the latest and appropriate version and/or OS builds that you are missing, simple:)

I know that. You are missing the point. I was waiting until the new version is offered through Windows Update which just has happened.The fastest way to get to the newest version though is through the Upgrade assistant. I just updated my work pc with that and it installed the current version 1809.17763.168 right away without downloading any CU's...

Reaction score
I know that. You are missing the point. I was waiting until the new version is offered through Windows Update which just has happened. The fastest way to get to the newest version though is through the Upgrade assistant. I just updated my work pc with that and it installed the current version 1809.17763.168 right away without downloading any CU's...

I had that problem, with the latest update not showing up, so, I always go to "Windows 10 update history" and I download it from there, if your windows update cant and dosen't show the latest e.g. December 5, 2018—KB4469342 (OS Build 17763.168) at this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4469342 that's what I'm saying also.

Reaction score
OK, now we have a real missunderstanding. My main pc is still running 1803.17134 and on that one I was waiting for the 1809 to come through WU which,as I mentioned, just came through.

Reaction score
OK, now we have a real missunderstanding. My main pc is still running 1803.17134 and on that one I was waiting for the 1809 to come through WU which,as I mentioned, just came through.

No "misunderstanding" I get what you are saying but, what I was suggesting is of other alternatives to others and for those that want to update quicker (not like in your case, without waiting for WU) that is all I was trying to suggest! As WU is a bit of a pain and slow and sometimes does not work and even if it does download "Featured and Cumulative Updates" allot of the time, it fails to install and does not work, that is why I suggested those alternatives.

Reaction score
I have a feeling you will soon hear me complaining about WU automatically updating all our machines. All because I won't know when to download the damned update. Microsoft cares so little for us, they will not give notification that the update is ready. Nor will they give us sufficient time to manually install. Windows update is a joke. And the joke is on us. I'm still waiting on an event that causes Microsoft to rethink their update BS.

Reaction score
I have a feeling you will soon hear me complaining about WU automatically updating all our machines. All because I won't know when to download the damned update. Microsoft cares so little for us, they will not give notification that the update is ready. Nor will they give us sufficient time to manually install. Windows update is a joke. And the joke is on us. I'm still waiting on an event that causes Microsoft to rethink their update BS.

Yes I fully agree, WU is a very risky 'hit and miss affair' the initial v1809-17763.1 update was an absolute disaster, I tried to initially downloaded it on 4 Oct 2018 (when I got the WU notification) and it failed 3 times, then, I had to use their 'Windows10Upgrade.exe' to get the initial v1809-17763.1 (which was their first version) to install on my "Acer Aspire 5750G" with the NVIDIA GeForce GT520M and never had any problems, also, I never ever had any problems with all the deletions of files and/or all the other disasters with v1809 but, when I updated from the 1809-17363.1 to the OS build 17763.55 (the second update) I did start to get a 'Blue Screen' that was rebooting my PC and then I would have to wait for a 'Count Down' then it would reboot, then, it would work properly but, this was happening every week, so, I phoned Microsoft and the tech guy, uninstalled OS Build 17763.55 and disabled WU, then, everything started working perfectly, so far I've never had a 'Blue Screen' again, I'm running the latest 1809-17763.168 on my Win-10 Pro and all is great.

This v1809 is a mess and I was one of the lucky ones, with only such small problems, I can imagine how other people felt and feel with all the major errors and deleted files? This is unsatisfactory and MS should really 'get their act together' as its 'Not Good Enough'!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
What happened to " never change a running system " ?? If MS wants to introduce new features or options or whatever they call it, they could do that with a CU but does it need a new system twice a year? I think not...
Nevertheless I have deactivated the feature update on my main machine just because it is running perfectly and the content is far too important for me to loose it (I make regular backups though). Only my test system is running 1809 which runs actually without any of the mentioned problems...

Ask a Question