Media Creation Tool 14393

Reaction score
I know this is an old one. Nevertheless I wanted to create another medium but the MCT crashed with an
error code " 0x80072F76-0x20016 " and only this one. All my other MCT, prior and later, work just fine.

Can someone confirm this please??

2018-03-02_065203.jpg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
14393 ?? Wasn't that the "Anniversary Update"??
I wasn't aware that the Media Creation Tool worked like that, so I never thought to save older versions of the Media Creation Tool.

I have used a third party tool with a lot of success to obtain various versions of the ISO file.
It's called Windows ISO Downloader and is available here https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techn...icrosoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool

It sources Microsoft directly for the actual ISO download so you don't have to worry about any funny business.
Might be worth a try if you really need the Anniversary ISO.
Although it wouldn't surprise me to find that Microsoft is making some of the older ISO harder to come by.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
@Trouble , it does it ONLY with the 14393, all others work perfectly. I even tried the 14393.597 instead of the 14393.0 . same result. all other I can create Installation media with....
I have tried that downloader tool from heidoc. It can create only single versions and not all-in-ones (32/64bit and home/pro)....

@bassfisher6522 , what ISO do you need?? I have several ISO's some I have even slipstreamed SATA drivers in it (including SP3). Do you need the 32bit or the 64bit??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Regarding that MCT again. I just want to know if it is just me or others have an issue with that as well...
If others have that issue too then it is on MS's end.....

Reaction score
I just wish I could get a hold of a XP ISO some where.
Bassfisher I think it's available from the link @Trouble provided. Digital River used to be a third party for MS, users could obtain discontinued software that MS ceased to supply. I believe Heidoc took over were Digital River left off. I was browsing https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techn...icrosoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool last year, I'm sure they had a listing for Win XP, Win 7 and discontinued MS Office versions.
You may want to try this link https://softlay.net/operating-system/windows-xp-sp3-iso-full-version-free-download.html (use at your own risk)

Let us know how you make out. Thanks!

Reaction score
I have no idea what it is about, but Microsoft themselves have a version of XP, free to download, which runs inside Windows 7.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8002

Heidoc, with their tool, only support windows 8.1 and 10 as far as I am aware. The site is not entirely legal. There are many sites offering the downloads, probably all suspect. The problem would be, though, having a key.
At this stage, your best bet is to take up Grizzly's offer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I run the tool, I get the same picture, but Windows 7 is greyed out
I do notice that on the home page they do have a friendly offer to sell you a key!

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I run the tool, I get the same picture, but Windows 7 is greyed out
If I'm not mistaken, the older version where it is not greyed out, the download will fail to start. There must be something wrong with the links, which is why they chose to grey the links.

Reaction score

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Thanks davehc.....I went back and double checked mine. Windows 7 is still there....."BUT".....after you select your edition and select confirm....I get a validating windows and and pops back to the confirm windows. Then shows a "more downloads" button and click on that you get options for VLS, MSDN portal, windows insider and Academic Products.

So I think your right that all the 7 versions are gone.

Reaction score
Thanks. Good to hear. I must have some left over configuration in my installation which downgraded it automatically.

Last edited:

Ask a Question