SOLVED Malware And Spyware Programs

Reaction score
I have been using super anti spyware for some time.. the problem is that it doesn't really find much besides cookies... I have tried adwcleaner and it found a lot of items that super anti spyware didnt find... my question is do i need to use super anti spyware if im using spywareblaster? is spywareblaster worth it? would it be best to just go with adwcleaner instead? should i wait until adwcleaner gets implemented with malwarebytes?

Bif

Reaction score
First off , Spywareblaster is intended to block possible sights rather than scan for infections or malware..I use it and update it regularly and have found it to perform as advertised.
I personally use Defender and Malwarebytes free exclusively without any problems.
Once again, the best way to stay virus/malware free is practising safe browsing habits.

Reaction score
Stick with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender. If you want to spend money on malware programs, purchase Malwarebytes Premium 3.1.2. $29 for buys you a 1 year license.
Malwarebytes Premium has Real Time Protection: Web Protection, Exploit, Malware and Ransomware protection.

Reaction score
Yes I run Malwarebytes Pro $29 for 4 Licenses, I have 1 Lifetime License, and Norton security $39 for 10 Licenses, they seem to catch different things at different times. I to understand that the best way to stay virus/malware free is practicing safe browsing habits

Reaction score
I personally only have Windows Defender running on my 2 computers, Malwarebytes can be had for free as an "on demand scanner", I am sure that the pay version does an excellent job, I find that "Spyware" apps bring more problems than they solve but that may just be me!. :)

I have yet to test (heaven forbid) Microsofts own anti-malware tool, it runs each time it updates as far as I know?. o_O

Reaction score
I think you will find, if you open the security centre, that you are already using MS anti malware. It seems to be an unlisted/grey area, but it looks like it runs on a daily basis. I have just looked at mine now, after reading your post. Mine ran last night.
defender, of course, as implied in its name, only examines new content as it comes in.
There is, of course, the MS malicious software tool also. Unless you have restricted the update process in any manner, Microsoft releases a new version of this tool on the second Tuesday of every month and it automatically runs in the background. There is normally a popup shortly afterwards, informing (hopefully) that it did not find any nasties. Again, if you have the notifications turned off, you will not see this.

Reaction score
First off , Spywareblaster is intended to block possible sights rather than scan for infections or malware..I use it and update it regularly and have found it to perform as advertised.
I personally use Defender and Malwarebytes free exclusively without any problems.
Once again, the best way to stay virus/malware free is practising safe browsing habits.

What do you do specifically to get rid of tracking cookies? none of the programs you mentioned gets rid of them.

Reaction score
I have run CCleaner and Glary Utilities with no problems for years. Glary Utilities 5.0 will erase all traces and evidence of cookies internet history and more..

Reaction score
I have run CCleaner and Glary Utilities with no problems for years. Glary Utilities 5.0 will erase all traces and evidence of cookies internet history and more..

I have tried both ccleaner and glary utilities but after running a complete scan with both of them, super anti spyware is still able to find hundreds of tracking cookies..

Bif

Reaction score
I have tried both ccleaner and glary utilities but after running a complete scan with both of them, super anti spyware is still able to find hundreds of tracking cookies..
I use Cclener as needed and it without a doubt removes ALL tracking cookies by default so I'm not sure what the issue may be.
I have never used Glary but have heard great things about it's use...
Perhaps a false positive is at work here with Super Anti Spyware...

Reaction score
Bif I recommend Glary Utilities be part of your tool box. It does an excellent job.

WHL

Reaction score
Stick with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender.
That's what I use. Also the free Avast antivirus.
Once a month I use the online scanner Eset and my computers are virus-free (hopefully :().

Reaction score
Bif Just make sure you download from the original vendor "world wide web."glarysoft.com"
Glary Utilities 5.8 for Windows, it has over 20 tools to clean and maximize performance, I just use a few of the features on a regular basis. Enjoy!

Reaction score
I use Cclener as needed and it without a doubt removes ALL tracking cookies by default so I'm not sure what the issue may be.
I have never used Glary but have heard great things about it's use...
Perhaps a false positive is at work here with Super Anti Spyware...

maybe but even after cleaning with ccleaner and making a complete clean with firefox super anti spyware still finds about 200 tracking cookies... i have also noticed that after cleaning firefox theres still lots of cookies left... it would be interesting to get rid of all of them and then see if super anti spyware still finds something... sadly i cannot get rid of them because clicking remove all or remove selected doesnt work for some reason... clicking on the cookies and clicking delete doesnt delete them either..

Reaction score
If you go to "Tools > Options > Privacy > History" then select "Never remember history", it should delete all FireFox cookies when you close FF!. :)

firefox privacy.JPG

Reaction score
Do you have a local Admin and User account?
The left over cookies that you see could be in the PC Administrators local account.
I use my local "User" account on a daily basis; PC Administrator account occasionally for maintenance.
At the end of each day before logging "OFF" I clean up my PC Using CCleaner, Glary Utilities and occasionally Super Anti Spyware.
I run the first cleanup (CCleaner, Glary Utilities) from my "User" account, next I right click on the cleaners and run them a second time as PC Administrator. You would be surprised the amount of crap that the cleaners find in the PC Administrators account, including Edge and IE browsers that I don't use.

Reaction score
If you go to "Tools > Options > Privacy > History" then select "Never remember history", it should delete all FireFox cookies when you close FF!. :)

View attachment 6705

Well, it only prevents new cookies, it doesn't get rid of the cookies that already exists. It also prevents me from clicking on links to websites I have already visited on the adress bar. Anyway, I just did some testing. Since firefox wouldn't delete my cookies, I used an addon called self-destructing cookies to get rid of the cookies and did a scan with super anti spyware. This time super anti spyware found nothing, no tracking cookies or anything. I find it very hard to justify having super anti spyware installed when it only finds cookies that can easily be deleted from the browser. So I have uninstalled it again.

Do you have a local Admin and User account?
The left over cookies that you see could be in the PC Administrators local account.
I use my local "User" account on a daily basis; PC Administrator account occasionally for maintenance.
At the end of each day before logging "OFF" I clean up my PC Using CCleaner, Glary Utilities and occasionally Super Anti Spyware.
I run the first cleanup (CCleaner, Glary Utilities) from my "User" account, next I right click on the cleaners and run them a second time as PC Administrator. You would be surprised the amount of crap that the cleaners find in the PC Administrators account, including Edge and IE browsers that I don't use.

I don't know if I have, how do i check it?

Reaction score
Control panel > User Accounts it will display the current accounts "Standard" password protected, or "Administrator" password protected. My gut feeling is that your already the PC Administrator. Or it would be asking you for Administrator password every time you make changes that would effect the system.

Ask a Question