SOLVED Malwarebytes now being ignored by Windows 10

Reaction score
Since the last update, the Malwarebytes icon has disappeared from the system tray at lower right. Also, Malwarebytes is no longer listed in Windows Security as primary security, i.e., it isn't listed at all, while Defender is gone from 2nd security program to ONLY security program listed. When I click on "Manage Providers," Malwarebytes is turned off, and the "turn on" button does nothing, i.e., it doesn't turn Malwarebytes on. Defender is now always on and cannot be turned off. It seems that one can no longer use Malwarebytes or any other security program on Windows 10. Only Defender seems to be allowed. What's up?

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have the paid version of Malwarebytes. I'd try reinstalling it. Might be something got corrupted during the last update.

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion, BUT when I booted up TODAY, SURPRISE! The little Malwarebytes icon is now in the system tray at lower right once again, AND Malwarebytes is once again listed in Windows Security as my primary malware program with Defender as number two. The problem fixed itself. This is the wonderful thing about Windows: it sometimes fixes its screw-ups just as mysteriously as it made the screw-ups in the first place. I wish there would be an easy-to-learn alternative to Windows, but there isn't. Sigh!

Ask a Question