Malwarebytes problem

Reaction score
What Version of Malwarebytes are you using? I assume you are running Windows 10. I also wonder if you are using another Antivirus program on your computer.
I had a Lifetime Subscription For Malwarebytes Pro-Now called Premium- and the Version was 2.XX.XX. They upgraded the program to 3.0.0 and I had a hard time getting the 3.0 Version activated and they had to give me new activation numbers. Malwarebytes always said they were for the first line of defense only, for the catching of brand new Malware and that you needed another Virus Protection Program and that they would not conflict with it. Now, I am finding that AVG Internet Security or Dell Assistant is turning off the "Live Protection" section for the Malwarebytes 3.0 Program. I am going to have to contact them to see if Dell is correct-That I am running Two Antivirus Programs conflicting with each other! I need all the information I can get before contacting them. Don't even bother with the DSoultion.com website for support! I finally found a guy who will get answers for you at Malwarebytes and will report back to you any answerer I get that will help. I think they must be under new ownership or management because if there is a conflict with AVG from Version 2 to Version 3, they have changed from a small program designed to catch the new bugs only and leave the older ones to another antivirus program to a stand alone program! AVG Internet Security has Real-time protection and blocks threats and so does the new 3.0-(Mine is up to 3.5 now). That may be a conflict, but the 3.0 Malwarebytes scans 4 Times faster than old program, so there should be no problem other than a conflict with another Program. I would be sure to set them to run at different times, or I prefer to do a manual scan before shutting down. I always make sure that both programs are updated as soon as my computer starts and I ALL WAYS set them to scan Manually-before I turn off my computer. Make sure you download the latest Malwarebytes Program 3.x.x and let me know. As I said, I found the only person who will bother to help you at Malwarebytes. I would give you his name but don't have it. I have his helping emails saved to web folders. I will be happy to give it to you with his permission or by Private Message, but I can probably get better results by now angering him by increasing his work load too much!

Reaction score
For technical support, click on "Need Help" bottom right of Malwarebytes splash screen.

Reaction score
As bassfisher says it could initially take hours to scan. Make sure all of your settings are set to default as recommended to me by malwarebytes tech.

Reaction score
Malwarebytes Version 3 scans my 500 Gig SSD within very few minutes. I have never timed it, butI have never had a reason to do so. I would say less than ten minutes with Rootkit Scan turned on!
Please remember I have the Paid Premium Version, so the free or older version may be slower. Malwarebytes states that the New Version 3 is FOUR (4) times faster in scanning.
I found my problem. The Windows Firewall was left on by AVG Internet Security which normally turns it off automatically. I guess not all, and probably MOST, software programs haven't been updated to Windows 10 perks as of yet. I was surprised to find that Magellan GPS hasn't made the trip to Windows 10 yet!
If you want help, give me a shout out. I know a shortcut.

Ask a Question