SOLVED Microsoft Account and Store

Reaction score
Hello, I have set up my Microsoft Account OK after many tries and I can now use Cortana OK.
I went to the Store to download an App for Gmail.
I was asked to re-enter my password, but it shows an old email address, not the one I am logged into for my Microsoft Account.
I have tried using my present password but the Store rejects it :-(

Any thought please on how I can fix this?
Barry

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF you go to the top of the store where your account picture should be and click there you'll see the account that the Store is currently using.
Click it. The very uppermost entry, you actual account name click that.
That should produce an windows label "Account" with your account inside it and a close button.
Click the actual account again
That should produce an opportunity to sign out.
Now go to the top right and click the icon just to the left of the magnifying glass, I suppose it's suppose to be a person icon (who knows).
That should produce and opportunity to select signin.
Click that and your should be able to select the existing Store Account or another account by clicking the Microsoft Account link

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for your information Trouble.

Click it. The very uppermost entry, you actual account name click that. That shows my old Hotmail.com address.

when I click the actual account again it shows the correct email address , outlook.com

To be honest I am scared of making the problem worse!

Reaction score
I logged out and back in again, but the old email address was still listed in the Store, but I did manage to log in with the old password and download the Gmail app, so all OK for now, thanks for your help.
Barry

Ask a Question